Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Federation Of Image Consultants

I spoke to the Federation of Image Consultants last weekend at the beautiful Beaumont House in Windsor.

My subject was Building the Buzz and I was talking about how identifying whether your strengths lay in speaking, writing or networking (or moving and shaking as I prefer to call it,) will make a huge difference to the profile of your business and the success of your PR campaigns.

Now, I'm always slightly nervous before a talk. It starts about an hour before and feels nothing more than a strangled feeling in my stomach.I look upon it as a good thing - it sharpens my edge, and I know that five minutes into most talks I've found my feet and relaxed a bit.

Last Saturday was different, because not only was I giving my talk to a group of fifty strangers, they were all Image Consultants who would all be looking at me and - I thought - passing judgements on what I was wearing. The nerves started as soon as I wondered what to wear that morning!

When it came to the day, nothing could be further from the truth. Or at least if it wasn't they didn't show it! In fact I ended up talking to a group of some of the smartest, most supportive women I had ever met - and yes they were all women and they were all very smartly dressed. But strangely, I didn't feel intimidated at all.

It was an extremely enjoyable hour and a half, the high point of which was Janet Malphus of www.bforb.co.uk giving us an impromptu speech on how Toastmasters had changed her life. I also got to catch up with an ex client of mine, the lovely Sue Donnelly. Fanstatic!



To book Paula Gardner to speak at your conference, networking event or organisation, please call her on 07941 244343.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home