Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I've been out of the business networking loop for a while. If you're anything like me you'll notice that it goes in cycles and sometimes you're ready and up for it, and other times it's the last thing you feel like doing. I've been taking some time out to write, get in the habit of going to the gym and to the pool and I'm happy to admit that I can't do everything at once. Something had to take a back step for a while and that was networking.

Now, I feel ready to get back into it and notice that everything is getting very expensive. Many neworking organisations are charging a couple of hundred pounds plus to even let you in as a member. And again, on the the premise that I can't do everything, I'm having to ponder what is worth my time and money - should I become an Ecademy black star PR should I focus on local women's groups? Currently I belong to www.sistersnog.com which is great - very laid back and funky - a perfect place, and I'm looking to add another to my list. I've noticed that you get what you pay for and the events that are free are often full of start-ups who are keen to sell sell sell and haven't really learnt the networking ropes yet.

Yesterday I had lunch at the new Loughton sector of http://www.wibn.co.uk/. It was lovely - very relaxed and yet still formal enough to be productive. At the moment this is pretty high on my list, but I am also feeling a little overwhelmed by all this networking with women ! I'll keep you informed!

Paula Gardner
www.doyourownpr.com

Want to learn more about strategic networking ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home