Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Getting The PR Mindset

It sounds a bit evangelical but I have had a bit of an epiphany. For years I have been teaching people the nitty gritty of how to do PR...all the nuts and bolts of how to write press releases, put together a media list, pick up the phone and contact journalists etc, but I have ignored one very important step...the fear of putting yourself out there.

It's something that binds many of my clients together and I can see manifest itself as procrastination, perfectionism and getting distracted by bright shiny ideas.

I have seen clients suffer from it when they see a hostile comment written about their product or service in a forum and their reaction is to want to curl up and die.

Why are we so scared of stepping out of the shadows and into the spotlight? If we have the passion to start and the motivation to grow our own business, why do so many of us hesitate when it comes to really putting ourselves on the map? Why do so many of us accept the status of being the best kept secret around, even though we know that our products and services are, quite frankly, fantastic?

What is it that holds so many people back? It's something I've decided to investigate and I'd love to hear from you on what holds you back from coming out into the limelight...email me here. I would really love to hear from you.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home