Friday, February 11, 2005

I now write a bi-weekly column for www.fashion-capital.co.uk. Do check it out!

Yesterday I stopped off at Space NK Apothecary to choose my own Valentine’s present (I can’t be the only woman who gets sent by her husband to buy her own Valentine’s can I?) and the sheer exhaustion of it all meant that I had to collapse in a Café Nero for a mocha. I ended up sat next to two men. One of them was listening to the other pitch his services. All I kept hearing were the words “facilitate” and other gems of jargon and I could see the listener’s eyes slowly glaze over and turn back to his Expresso. I just hope that it wasn’t a journalist being bored to death by terminology and gobbeldygook (ooh, I do like that word).

Lesson: “We can make it happen” is much more powerful than “We can facilitate it”. Use plain and powerful language, especially when speaking to or writing a press release for the media.

Paula
www.doyourownpr.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home