Wednesday, November 11, 2009

PR and SEO

Now and again I work with a client that's in the middle of a huge Search Engine Optimisation overhaul and, to be frank, it's always a bit tricky. I remember when I worked with an SEO expert on the www.doyourownpr.com site. He was convinced that the way forward for me was to use "PR company North east" in my text as much as possible because not only was that a highly used keyword, it also had little competition.

The fact that it wasn't likely to bring in my target clients didn't register with him. Neither did the fact that it wouldn't actually make sense to use it. No, what was on his mind was getting my site higher on searches. Not what my prospective clients - or press - needed to see.

Okay, I'm not trying to diss SEO here. What I'm saying is that you need to use common sense and consider if the text you are using is attractive and compelling enough to keep possible clients and press reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home